Reports To: Business Source Program Manager
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: VSEDC – Watts Regional BusinessSource Center
The Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation is seeking a Senior Business Coach for their Watts Regional BusinessSource Center. The Senior Business Coach’s main function is to provide high-quality coaching to entrepreneurs and small business owners by analyzing situations and educating clients in the areas of business plans, market feasibility, and cash management and access to capital. In addition, they will be responsible for developing relationships with local organizations and stakeholders to better support the overall economic health of the Watts small business community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing a caseload of 50-60 active startups and operating businesses.
Provide direct one-on-one coaching and technical assistance to business clients, including: developing business, marketing, and financial plans.
Provide resources and information on how to start/grow businesses, how to access procurement opportunities and registering to do business within the LA County region.
Consult businesses in the creation of marketing materials, record-keeping systems, and other tools necessary to small businesses.
Guide clients through the loan application process.
Maintain client database by accurately logging case notes of client activity and successes.
File License and Permits, file DBA applications upon request.
Attend and participate in agency and department required trainings.
Travel to off-site meetings, training, and events.
Maintain accurate files.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a strong interest in Economic Development.
- Experience providing loan technical assistance, packaging and underwriting
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Zoom, Outlook, Online Calendars, and an ability to learn how to use our CRM system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to both supervise self, and work in a team environment when needed.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be comfortable with technology and have the ability to adapt to new software and databases.
- Have the ability to relate to business owners, regardless of professions.
- Ability to deliver on strict deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, comfortable working independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
- English/Spanish bilingual highly desired.
Request for Quotes
Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC), operator of the South Los Angeles and Watts BusinessSource Center is part of the Los Angeles BusinessSource Center (LABSC) System. VSEDC serves as a procured subcontractor to the City of Los Angeles’ Economic and Workforce Development Department, (EWDD) VSEDC releases the following Invitation for Bid (IFB) to all interested bidders.
IFB Title: “BusinessSource Access to Capital Consultant(s) for Program Year 2022-23”
Date of Issuance of IFB: Monday, July 25, 2022
Proposal Submission Deadline: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Electronic Submissions to: email@example.com
Total Amount of Funding Available: $90,000
Proposing agencies may apply for individual subcontract(s) with VSEDC in the amount of up to $45,000 per BusinessSource Center for a total maximum amount of up to $90,000 for two BusinessSource Centers. As a LABSC procured vendor, VSEDC currently operates two BusinessSource Centers. With this IFB VSEDC seeks subcontractors to serve one or more of its BusinessSource Centers. Please note, as the City has not procured all LABSC subcontractors beyond 06/30/2022, the number of Centers VSEDC operates may change depending on the outcome and structure of EWDD’s upcoming procurement.