Vermont Slauson Local Development Corporation – Full Time
Compensation: $75,000 to $85,000 Annually
This position is responsible for working with the President & CEO, Board of Directors and Resource Development Committee for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development for Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation.
- Provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing.
- Identify, organize and manage the fund raising activities of VSEDC with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Establishes short and long-range goals for unrestricted funding sources.
- Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to institutional donors, researches public and private grants sources (agencies, corporations and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Works with program staff to develop funding related projects. Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Solicits and writes proposals and reports for federal, state, city government RFP’s as well as private foundation and corporation RFP’s.
- Produce major donor, board and special category solicitation/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible.
- Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgement, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of staff engaged in maintaining donor data base and paper records of contributors and grants.
- Maintain security and quality controls. Generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed
- Assist in the development and public affairs matters, particularly the creation of various communications such as the annual report, general boilerplate, general PowerPoint presentations, government relations, executive correspondences and speeches.
- Assist in the production of general content for website.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all unrestricted income and its sources, interface with finance division to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
Major Gift/Donor Support
Database and Records Management
Communications & Public Relations
Unrestricted Income Financial Reporting
- A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience, preferably with significant foundation and high donor fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or quota of over $2M annually
- Excellent research, organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Experience and comfort working with senior level staff and board of directors
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Mail Chimp, Word Press and Microsoft office programs
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Federico Castillo on or before 6/15/20 at 5pm.
Director of Finance and Administation