Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC) takes the health and safety of our community with absolute seriousness. In light of concerns about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our team has canceled all classes and workshops scheduled through April 10, 2020 at the Business Enterprise Center (BEC) and our headquarters. Both locations are also closed to the general public.
For those of you who have paid for classes, you have the option of a full refund or enrolling in the same course once a new date has been set. While the current number of cases has been minor throughout Southern California, we are following the recommendations provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) by minimizing the number of public, non-essential gatherings to prevent the spread.
On a brighter note, we are working diligently to increase the number of virtual courses that we offer and will share those options as soon as available. Please be sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our mailing list. We also encourage youth, families, and community members to monitor updates provided by the WHO and CDC for the very latest information on how to stay safe.
As a reminder, please remember to:
- Wash your hands often with warm water, soap, or alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your face with your hands
- Sneeze and/or cough into the fold of your arm and not your hand
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid going out in public if you are sick